CDL Driver (Class A) - UniTech
Our Team is Kind of a Big Deal!
UniTech is seeking a reliable and hardworking CDL Driver to join our UniTech Family. As a Team Partner in the Transportation Department, you will be driving and delivering goods to our UniTech customers. At UniTech we provide a variety of shifts. Our standard is a 5-day work week, enjoy two days off a week. We have an immediate opening and provide on the job training.
Pay & Benefits:
On the job training & great hourly pay + 401K with Company Match, Profit Sharing, Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Direct Payroll Deposit, Tuition Reimbursement, 30% Employee Discount, Employee Referral Bonuses.
What's in it for you?
Our Team Partners receive ongoing cross-training, exposing them to different department areas. Cross training enhances performance and assists with career potential and advancement.
Work Life Balance:
We offer up to 40-hours a week! Shift hours start at 4:00am to 1:00pm.
Some companies like to promote from within, we love to!
Our family culture is what makes UniTech an organization that stands out from the rest.
Diversity: At UniTech, you'll find an environment packed with different cultures, personalities, and backgrounds. We believe our diversity makes us who we are, and we strive every day to build a culture where everyone feels welcome.
What you'll be doing:
- Depart UniTech location for daily local deliveries to various customers.
- Collect delivery receipts for delivered products.
- Review and sign customer prepared shipping documents.
- Inspect UniTech delivery packages for accuracy and record required and discretionary information.
- Transport Hazmat or non-Hazmat shipments as directed.
- Handle and move customer goods as required.
- Assist in loading and unloading products when necessary.
- Perform pre- and post-trip vehicle inspects per UniTech and DOT requirements.
- Maintain Driver’s Log in accordance with federal regulations.
- Operate various CDL straight trucks in accordance with applicable rules, policies and laws.
- Fill-in for other CDL drivers who may be absent or on vacation.
- Ensure trucks are cleaned daily.
- Perform other duties as described by location management.
What we're looking for:
- High school and/or GED equivalent is required.
- 1 year of related experience and/or training is required.
- Valid Class A driver’s license and a safe driving record is required.
- Schooling plus miles or 100,000 verifiable miles is required.
- 1 year certificate from an accredited college or a technical school is preferred.
- Excellent time management skills and attendance.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions.
- Ability to obtain a Department of Energy security badge/access.
- Ability to pass DOT physical and drug test.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
UniTech Services Group, a division of UniFirst Corporation, became the first licensed provider of radiological laundry in the United States in 1957. UniTech continues to be a leader in providing nuclear personnel protection and laundry. UniTech’s management team boasts over 250 years of nuclear protective wear laundry experience, and UniTech provides protective clothing services to U.S. commercial power reactors and Department of Energy nuclear facilities, as well as a number of fuel fabrication plants and private facilities.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws
UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@unifirst.com or call (978) 658-8888 to let us know the nature of your request.