Maintenance Mechanic - UniFirst Canada
Where will a UniFirst Career take you?
As an industry leader in the rental, lease and sale of uniforms and facility services products, UniFirst Corporation has grown to become one of the largest companies in the garment services industry.
UniFirst is recognized on the Forbes “Platinum 400 - Best Big Companies” List. With over 14,000 employee Team Partners and more than 250 facilities throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Europe, you are never just a number when you work for UniFirst. What sets us apart from all other companies is that we still function as a family run business. When you work for UniFirst, you’re family!
UniFirst Corporation has a strong history of promoting from within. In fact, most of UniFirst's Senior Managers have come from within the Company. Opportunities are endless for those individuals who possess a strong work ethic, a commitment to quality, and above all else, a passion for delivering quality customer service, both internally and externally.
Our culture is what makes UniFirst an organization that stands out from the rest. Are you interested in loving your job? Find out just how far a career with UniFirst can take you.
We are looking for a Fourth Class Engineer / Maintenance Mechanic to be responsible for all aspects of plant maintenance.
The ideal candidate must have a solid working knowledge of mechanical/ electrical/ plumbing/ pneumatic/ hydraulic equipment as well as the ability to read schematics and blueprints.
Responsibilities / Skills include:
- Responsible for carrying out all corrective, preventative, and predictive maintenance on mechanical, instrumentation, and control systems to ensure the safe, efficient, and reliable operation of the facility.
- Computer: Comfortable with computers and basic applications such as Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes email, and CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management Systems).
- Electrical: Comfortable with electricity up to 480VAC 3 phase, ability to troubleshoot and repair complex machine systems controlled by PLCs, ability to install and maintain electrical services, ability to
maintain electromechanical systems, and possess a general understanding of relay wiring diagrams and schematics.
- Mechanical: Boiler maintenance, compressors, welding (MIG and AC/DC stick), oxy-acetylene cutting, metal fabrication skills, machine system repair and maintenance, HVAC system familiarity up to but not including handling of Freon. Machine tool experience would also be a plus if that equipment is available.
- Piping and plumbing: Steam systems, water systems and compressed air systems plumbing skills including pipe sweating and threading.
UniFirst offers a Fleet of Benefits, 50+ to be exact!
· RRSP with Company Match
· Profit Sharing
· Health Insurance
· Employee Assistance Program
· Life Insurance
· Supplemental Life Insurance
· Long Term Disability
· Sick Time
· Paid Holidays
· Direct Payroll Deposit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· 30% Employee Discount
· Employee Referral Program
Education and/or Experience:
Two-year technical degree in an appropriate background or equivalent experience preferred
UniFirst is Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer