Production Team Partner - Shipping Lead - UniFirst
Our Production Team is Kind of a Big Deal!
UniFirst is seeking a reliable and driven Production Team Partner to join our UniFirst family. As a Shipping Leader, you will be tasked with the daily supervision of the shipping area of the plant consistent with the directives of the plant’s production leadership, company policies, and location’s goals. At UniFirst we have a 5-day work week, enjoy Saturday and Sunday off!! We have an immediate opening and provide on the job training.
Pay & Benefits:
On the job training & great hourly pay + 401K with Company Match, Profit Sharing, Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Direct Payroll Deposit, Tuition Reimbursement, 30% Employee Discount, Employee Referral Bonuses.
What’s in it for you?
Our Team Partners receive ongoing cross-training, exposing them to different areas of production. Cross training enhances their performance and assists them with their career potential and advancement.
Work Life Balance:
We offer a 40-hour work week. Enjoy weekends off!
Some companies like to promote from within, we love to! Many of our managers started at UniFirst working on the production floor!
Our family culture is what makes UniFirst an organization that stands out from the rest.
At UniFirst, you'll find an environment packed with different cultures, personalities, and backgrounds. We believe our diversity makes us who we are, and we strive every day to build a culture where everyone feels welcome.
What you’ll be doing:
- Oversee daily operations and quality in the shipping area of the plant.
- Observe team partners to ensure compliance with company, federal, and state safety and occupational regulations.
- Inspect machines and equipment to ensure operational performance and optimum utilization.
- Schedule and assure adequate level of trained team partners.
- Train and coach team partners on assigned job duties and responsibilities.
- Measure results with a focus on incremental continuous improvements.
- Verify and keep records of incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Oversee outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy and completeness of shipments.
- Maintain reports, records, and documentation to reflect department activities.
- Ensure all finished garments have been properly sorted and staged for each route on a daily basis.
- Follow all safety policies, HACCP and medical guidelines.
- Perform other duties as described by area supervisor or management.
What we’re looking for:
- High school diploma or G.E.D equivalent required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Two-year degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- 2-4 years of related experience and/or training preferred.
- Familiarity with Windows Operating systems Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Strong time management and organization skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical operations using American standard units of weight measurement, volume, and distance.
The fabric of UniFirst is woven from its very unique family culture where our Team Partners enjoy a small company feel while taking advantage of the resources and stability that come with being a 2 billion-dollar organization.
UniFirst is an international leader in the $18 billion-dollar garment services industry. We currently employ over 14,000 team partners who serve 300,000 business customer locations throughout the U.S., Canada, and Europe. We were included in the top 10 of Selling Power magazine’s “Best Companies to Sell For” list and recognized on Forbes magazine’s “Platinum 400 – Best Big Companies” list. As an 80-year old company focused on annual growth, there’s never been a better time to join our team.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws.
UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@unifirst.com or call (978) 658-8888 to let us know the nature of your request.