Shuttle and Transport Driver
Where will a UniFirst Career take you?
As an industry leader in the rental, lease and sale of uniforms and facility services products, UniFirst Corporation has grown to become one of the largest companies in the garment services industry.
UniFirst is recognized on the Forbes “Platinum 400 - Best Big Companies” List. With over 14,000 employee Team Partners and more than 250 facilities throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Europe, you are never just a number when you work for UniFirst. What sets us apart from all other companies is that we still function as a family run business. When you work for UniFirst, you’re family!
UniFirst Corporation has a strong history of promoting from within. In fact, most of UniFirst's Senior Managers have come from within the Company. Opportunities are endless for those individuals who possess a strong work ethic, a commitment to quality, and above all else, a passion for delivering quality customer service, both internally and externally.
Our culture is what makes UniFirst an organization that stands out from the rest. Are you interested in loving your job? Find out just how far a career with UniFirst can take you.
Provide timely transport and delivery of production materials between plant and branch locations.
Include but not limited to. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Transport product between branch locations and plant locations according to schedule
- Ensure appropriate product is selected and loaded for the appropriate day
- Leave a clean and orderly work area at UniFirst location
- Effectively load and unload vehicle
- Maintain logs of travel and cargo according to federal and state regulations
- Maintain adequate fluid/tire levels, daily safety inspections. Fill out daily truck report to notify management of any maintenance concerns on vehicle.
- Keep a clean general appearance of the shuttle vehicle inside and out
- Drive Safely and follow all company regulations and driving laws
Commitment To Safety:
UniFirst Corporation is committed to maintain a safe and productive work environment. It is the responsibility of every Team Partner to perform the function of their job in a safe manner and in accordance with UniFirst safety policies and procedures.
- Operate fleet vehicle within company safety guidelines
- Utilize proper lifting techniques
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment when necessary
- Immediately report any and all work related accidents to your supervisor
UniFirst offers a Fleet of Benefits, 50+ to be exact!
· 401K with Company Match
· Profit Sharing
· Health Insurance
· Employee Assistance Program
· Life Insurance
· Supplemental Life Insurance
· Long Term Disability
· Sick Time
· Paid Holidays
· Direct Payroll Deposit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· 30% Employee Discount
· Employee Referral Program
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and in accordance with measurable performance standards specific to each job area. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Resonable accomaodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school or equivalent experience
21 years of age
Valid drivers license (CDL-A)
Safe driving record
Ability to pass DOT physical and drug screen
Verbal Skills for communication with team members
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of business related concerns and situations.
UniFirst Corporation is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer M-F-Disability-Vet