Global Transportation Clerk - UniFirst Owensboro
Our Team is Kind of a Big Deal!
UniFirst is seeking a reliable and hardworking Global Transportation Clerk to join our UniFirst Family. As a Team Partner in the Global Logistics Department, you will be monitoring transportation vendors to ensure compliance with UniFirst Standards and citing any quality control issues. At UniFirst we have a 5-day work week, enjoy Saturday and Sunday off!! We have an immediate opening and provide on the job training.
Pay & Benefits
On the job training & great hourly pay + 401K with Company Match, Profit Sharing, Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Direct Payroll Deposit, Tuition Reimbursement, 30% Employee Discount, Employee Referral Bonuses.
What’s in it for you?
Our Team Partners receive ongoing cross-training. Cross training enhances their performance and assists them with their career potential and advancement.
Work Life Balance
We offer a 40-hour work week. Enjoy weekends off! Career Growth: Some companies like to promote from within, we love to!
Our family culture is what makes UniFirst an organization that stands out from the rest.
At UniFirst, you'll find an environment packed with different cultures, personalities, and backgrounds. We believe our diversity makes us who we are, and we strive every day to build a culture where everyone feels welcome.
What you’ll be doing
- Assist with all freight carrier, vendor compliance and quality control issues.
- Prepare and voucher freight invoices for payment as authorized in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Track daily parcel packages for delivery accuracy.
- Receive, sort and process mail for department.
- Scan/copy logistics documents into the system, organize, and file the documents.
- Audit, cross reference, and sort domestic freight and international import invoices.
- Audit invoices to check for billing errors and determine resolution for any errors (credit, correction, etc.).
- Create and maintain generic spreadsheets for transportation, tracking shipments, and create spreadsheets on an ad hoc basis.
- Communicate with freight vendors on tracking and payment issues.
- Research delivery issues for internal customers.
- Participate in cross training – push through truck load shipments, interact with broker(s), etc.
- Provide coverage for absences or high-volume times.
- Perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
- Follow all safety policies, HACCP, and medical guidelines
What we’re looking for
- 1+ years of related experience and/or training with Global Logistics and Transportation is highly preferred.
- An Associate’s Degree (AS) is preferred.
- Curiosity to learn more about transportation and U.S. Customs compliance.
- Must be detail-oriented and have strong communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing, which includes the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, team partners, and customers.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret an extensive variety of instructions, both verbal and written.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Proficient in computer programs, such as AS400, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Possess the ability to Ability to lift and carry up to 10 lbs.distinguish between colors.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 10 lbs.
The fabric of UniFirst is woven from its very unique family culture where our Team Partners enjoy a small company feel while taking advantage of the resources and stability that come with being a 2 billion-dollar organization.
UniFirst is an international leader in the $18 billion-dollar garment services industry. We currently employ over 14,000 team partners who serve 300,000 business customer locations throughout the U.S., Canada, and Europe. We were included in the top 10 of Selling Power magazine’s “Best Companies to Sell For” list and recognized on Forbes magazine’s “Platinum 400 – Best Big Companies” list. As an 80-year old company focused on annual growth, there’s never been a better time to join our team.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws
UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@unifirst.com or call (978) 658-8888 to let us know the nature of your request.
- Major Account Consultant - St. Louis, MO Kansas City, Missouri, United States, St Louis, Missouri, United States
- Major Account Consultant - UniFirst Baltimore, Maryland, United States, Landover, Maryland, United States
- Reliability Support Engineer- UniFirst South Carolina, United States, Tennessee, United States, Virginia, United States, North Carolina, United States, Alabama, United States