2nd Shift Screen Printer - UniFirst Owensboro
Primary responsibility includes setting up and operating a Manual garment and Cap screen printing equipment independently, according to written and/or verbal instructions. During seasonal periods, (low order volume) may require temporary reassignment to other areas, inside and outside of the Screen Printing Department. Responsible for assuring equipment being used, is properly shut down at the end of each shift. Job will require participation and compliance to all policies and procedures related to ISO (quality) and safety.
- Obtain order, screen, ink, squeegee, and related supplies needed to produce the job.
- Sets up press according to established manufacturer and company guidelines, safety, and job requirements. Keeps work areas, ink containers, and tools clean and orderly. Prints proof on second (damaged garment), to check press setup, registration, ink viscosity (thickness) and color.
- May be required to receive approval before beginning print cycle.
- Prints job, maintaining optimum production speed and makes press adjustments to maintain print quality, registration, and color.
- Cards off all excess ink from the screen and squeegee and returns usable ink to original container.
- Cleans ink container thoroughly
- Removes block-out tape and any other tape applied to block off sections of the screen.
- Carefully removes screen and places it on the rack, designated for reclaiming.
- Completes clean-up and prepares station for the next order.
- High School Diploma required
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English, to comprehend general business correspondence.
- Ability to interpret internal production documentation, equipment manuals, technical bulletins, container labels, MDS, and other written internal documentation.
- Ability to communicate and respond to questions from management and other staff members
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to determine the cause of problems and determine solutions. Capable of retaining techniques/skills taught and applying those skills to the job, to assure consistency, quality and limited delays in servicing customers and staff.
- Must have ability to work overtime during the week or weekend when scheduled.
- Summer/Seasonal employees will be held accountable to the same attendance policy as full time employees with the exception of school related meetings and educational events may be excused (documentation must be provided).
UniFirst offers a Fleet of Benefits, 50+ to be exact!
· 401K with Company Match
· Profit Sharing
· Health Insurance
· Employee Assistance Program
· Life Insurance
· Supplemental Life Insurance
· Long Term Disability
· Sick Time
· Paid Holidays
· Direct Payroll Deposit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· 30% Employee Discount
· Employee Referral Program
Where will a UniFirst Career take you?
As an industry leader in the rental, lease and sale of uniforms and facility services products, UniFirst Corporation has grown to become one of the largest companies in the garment services industry.
UniFirst is recognized on the Forbes “Platinum 400 - Best Big Companies” List. With over 14,000 employee Team Partners and more than 250 facilities throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Europe, you are never just a number when you work for UniFirst. What sets us apart from all other companies is that we still function as a family run business. When you work for UniFirst, you’re family!
UniFirst Corporation has a strong history of promoting from within. In fact, most of UniFirst's Senior Managers have come from within the Company. Opportunities are endless for those individuals who possess a strong work ethic, a commitment to quality, and above all else, a passion for delivering quality customer service, both internally and externally.
Our culture is what makes UniFirst an organization that stands out from the rest. Are you interested in loving your job? Find out just how far a career with UniFirst can take you.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws
UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@unifirst.com or call (978) 658-8888 to let us know the nature of your request.
- Major Account Consultant - St. Louis, MO Kansas City, Missouri, United States, St Louis, Missouri, United States
- National Account Executive Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, Texas, United States, Colorado, United States, California, United States, Arizona, United States
- Engineering Manager San Antonio, Texas, United States