2nd Shift Screen Print Reclaimer
Responsible for reclaiming screen print frames for future use. Job requires the application of chemicals in combination with high and low pressure water and chemical recirculation systems, to remove ink and stencils from screens. Job requires working with chemicals in and around areas where humidity is high. Responsible for tracking and filing art film positives and inventory of Screen Print Reclamation supplies. Responsible to assure equipment is shut down at the end of each shift.
This is a second shift position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Keeping adequate number of screens, ready for production.
• Keeps accurate inventory of various screen making and safety supplies on hand at all times.
• Assures that chemicals are properly stored, mixed, and applied in accordance with established
• Handles screens in a safe manner to prevent damage/breakage (controls costs related to damaged screens).
• Keeps screen making area and equipment clean at all times. This includes floors, walls, reclaiming tanks and surrounding work areas, and exposure unit.
• Keeps screen cleaning area clean and free of debris at all times. This includes floors, walls, racks, cleaning booth, and all other equipment in the area.
• Prepares chemicals from concentrate by following manufacturer’s instructions. Applies and stores all chemicals correctly, in accordance with department and manufacturer’s guidelines.
• Assures that only spent filter media and sludge are being put in designated waste container. • Processes screens through the entire reclaiming process as needed.
• Daily responsibilities include:
a. Keeping all work area(s) clean.
b. Maintaining productivity level as instructed.
c. Accurate record keeping (clocking in/out).
d. Report equipment malfunctions to Lead, Production Supervisor, or Staff Mechanic.
• Performs all functions in a safe manner, in accordance with manufacturer’s, departmental, facility, and corporate requirements.
• Job will include cross‐training in other Personalization production areas and the Distribution Center.
• May be required to perform functions in other production areas on a temporary basis as required
- Ability to read, write, speak, understand English, and to comprehend general business correspondence. Ability to interpret internal production documentation, equipment manuals, technical bulletins, container labels, MDS, and other written internal documentation.
- Ability to communicate and respond to questions from management and other staff members.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to determine the cause of problems and determine solutions.
- Capable of retaining techniques/skills taught and applying those skills to the job, to assure consistency, quality and limited delays in servicing customers and staff.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws