Maintenance Technician I - UniFirst
Location:North Charleston, South Carolina
Our Team is Kind of a Big Deal!
UniFirst is seeking a reliable and hardworking Maintenance Tech I to join our UniFirst Family. As a Team Partner in the Maintenance Department, you will handle repairs, maintenance, installation and troubleshooting of industrial equipment, systems, and components. At UniFirst we have a standard Monday - Friday work week with periodic night and weekend overtime! We have an immediate opening and provide on the job training.
You may quickly find yourself on the fast-track to success. We are a rapidly growing company offering significant avenues for personal development and growth.
Our family culture is what makes UniFirst an organization that stands out from the rest.
At UniFirst, you'll find an environment packed with different cultures, personalities, and backgrounds because we believe it takes many kinds of people to make us successful.
What you’ll be doing:
- Utilize hand/power tools, precision measurement tools, and electronic testing devices.
- Ensure safe operation of machinery, mechanical electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems and components.
- Follow blueprints, schematics, operation manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications.
- Troubleshoot sources of equipment problems through observation and use of precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Perform boiler chemical and wastewater pre-treatment system testing, record results in logbooks / computer systems and make necessary chemical adjustments as required
- Perform daily and weekly safety checks on boilers and make necessary repairs as required.
- Record and analyze meter readings of utilities in long and take corrective actions when necessary.
- Perform daily and weekly location/system safety checks and follow up to address concerns.
- Inspect motor, belts, fluid levels, replace filters and perform other maintenance actions in accordance with maintenance procedures.
- Inspect, clean and lubricate shafts, bearings gears and other equipment parts in accordance with work procedures and technical manual.
- Utilize a Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Perform other duties as assigned by leadership.
What we’re looking for:
- High school and/or GED is preferred.
- Two-year technical degree in an appropriate background is preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Valid driver’s license and a safe driving record are required.
- Knowledgeable in maintenance equipment.
- Minimum of 6 months’ work experience repairing industrial processing equipment in a production environment is required. Applicable military experience will be considered.
- Must pass UniFirst’s maintenance knowledge assessment test to be eligible for employment.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics is required.
- Ability to read and understand maintenance literature printed in English is required.
- Basic computer and Microsoft Office skills is required.
- Lockout / Tagout experience is required
- Ability to work overtime as needed is required.
- Ability to lift up to 80 lbs.
The fabric of UniFirst is woven from its very unique family culture where our Team Partners enjoy a small company feel while taking advantage of the resources and stability that come with being a 1.5-billion-dollar organization.
UniFirst is an international leader in the $18 billion-dollar garment services industry. We currently employ over 13,000 team partners who serve 300,000 business customer locations throughout the U.S., Canada, and Europe. We were included in the top 10 of Selling Power magazine’s “Best Companies to Sell For” list and recognized on Forbes magazine’s “Platinum 400 – Best Big Companies” list. As an 80-year old company focused on annual growth, there’s never been a better time to join our team.
There’s a lot to love about UniFirst, where you come first.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws
UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@unifirst.com or call (978) 658-8888 to let us know the nature of your request.