Skills & Traits
What makes a successful Outside Sales Representative at UniFirst? Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you have what it takes.
“In early 2012, I made the decision to join UniFirst as a Sales Representative, because of its industry-leading training, growth opportunities, and family culture. Since then, I have been promoted to Sales Manager, and most recently, to Regional Sales Manager. During my tenure here, all my expectations have been exceeded. Joining the UniFirst Family has been one of the single best decisions in my life.”
Byron M. UniFirst Regional Sales Manager
In the News
5-Star Trip for 2 for top performers
Our Team is Kind of a Big Deal!
UniFirst First Aid + Safety is seeking a reliable and hardworking Professional Sales Person to join our family. As a Team Partner in the Sales Department, you will be developing new business for UniFirst First Aid retail marketing through high-level selling skills. When working with UniFirst First Aid + Safety we provide a variety of shifts. Our standard is a 5-day work week, enjoy two days off a week. We have an immediate opening and provide on the job training.
Pay & Benefits:
On the job training & great hourly pay + 401K with Company Match, Profit Sharing, Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Direct Payroll Deposit, Tuition Reimbursement, 30% Employee Discount, Employee Referral Bonuses.
What’s in it for you?
Our Team Partners receive ongoing cross-training, exposing them to different department areas. Cross training enhances their performance and assists them with their career potential and advancement.
Work Life Balance:
We offer up to 40-hours a week!
Some companies like to promote from within, we love to!
Our family culture is what makes UniFirst First Aid + Safety an organization that stands out from the rest.
At UniFirst First Aid + Safety, you'll find an environment packed with different cultures, personalities, and backgrounds. We believe our diversity makes us who we are, and we strive every day to build a culture where everyone feels welcome.
What you’ll be doing:
- Sell and promote First Aid products to new accounts with 75 employees or more and/or multiple locations.
- Develop new business and penetrate accounts further to sell additional lines with the priority as first aid, facility services, and safety products.
- Meet new customer needs with products that will help provide a safe, pleasant, and productive workplace.
- Lead 411 as another tool to grow your prospect hopper.
- Organize and implement a “work plan’ for maximizing daily sales and decreasing mileage between calls.
- Maintain a call average that is consistent with current company objectives.
- Promote growth by continuously setting appointments, making cold calls, and gaining referrals for new business.
- Participate and execute information provided from sales meetings.
- Submit work orders, paperwork and expense reports as required.
- Keep paper-flow consistent by ensuring accuracy.
- Communicate with the local Sales Manager, Territory Manager and the Regional Sales Manager with all pertinent information for any new accounts.
- Keep abreast of all price changes and sell accordingly.
- Maintain a prospect database of all accounts being developed.
- Participate in periodic promotions.
- Ensure that personal vehicle used for company business is clean, organized, and properly maintained.
- Adhere to company policies as outlined in the UniFirst Employee handbook and the Green Guard Field Manual.
- Keep up to date about competitive companies, their products, and prices.
- Share pertinent information about pricing and products with other employees during sales meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned by leadership.
What we’re looking for:
- High school and/or GED equivalent is required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record are required.
- Two years of business to business selling experience is required.
- High-level selling skill including strong prospecting and closing skills.
- Knowledge and exceptional sales experience.
- Ability to be resourceful.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
About UniFirst First Aid + Safety
UniFirst First Aid + Safety is a division of the UniFirst Corporation. UniFirst First Aid + Safety is one of the largest providers of First Aid, AEDs, Compliance Training, Safety and PPE products in the United States. Businesses such as manufacturing, office buildings, retail, construction, logistics, automotive, and government agencies, are just a few examples of our current customer base. We are part of a $70 million division within a $1.8 billion company.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws
UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@unifirst.com or call to let us know the nature of your request.
UniFirst Recruiters and/or representatives will not ask job seekers to provide personal financial information when submitting a job application. Please be vigilant as such requests for information may be fraudulent.