Location:New Kensington, Pennsylvania
Installs and troubleshoots industrial equipment, systems, and components, including but not limited to: large capacity washers and dryers, pneumatic and steam systems, conveyor systems, and boilers. Performs maintenance tasks in accordance with all Company safety policies and approved maintenance procedures.
1. Equipment and Facility Maintenance
- Uses common tools including but not limited to: hand and power tools such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, precision measuring instruments, and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Ensures safe operation of machinery, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems equipment and components; following blueprints and schematics, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures and regulations.
- Performs Lockout/Tagout procedures where appropriate.
- Performs Confined Space procedures where appropriate.
3. General Duties
- Position requires travel to multiple Company locations in order to perform job
- Provides maintenance information to appropriate partners.
- Performs various welding activities including MIG, TIG, ARC, cutting, and brazing
- Installation of machinery, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems equipment and components following blueprints and schematics, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications.
Performs all other duties as assigned by manager
- Equipment Maintenance Knowledge – Minimum of 6 months’ work experience repairing industrial processing equipment in a production environment. Applicable technical training and/or military experience will be considered.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics preferred
- Ability to read and understand maintenance literature printed in English required.
- Experience using Hand & Power tools required.
- Lockout/Tagout experience is preferred.
- Prior welding experience including MIG, TIG, ARC, cutting, and brazing
- Disclaimer Statement: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, or working conditions associated with a job. It is intended to be only a general description of the principal requirements common to positions of this type.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws
UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@unifirst.com or call (978) 658-8888 to let us know the nature of your request.