Fleet Mechanic Assistant - UniFirst
Location:New Kensington, Pennsylvania
Fleet Mechanic Assistant is responsible for assisting on all corrective, preventative, and predictive maintenance on fleet vehicles to ensure the safe, efficient, and reliable operation of the fleet. You will be responsible for maintaining fleet vehicles in a safe working condition meeting DOT or other regulatory requirements.
- Maintain fleet vehicles in a safe working condition meeting DOT or other regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that all vehicles and drivers are properly licensed.
- Ensure that all preventative maintenance is performed when due.
- Ensure that all vehicles clean to enhance our image.
- Keep garage clean, safe and maintained in a safe orderly manner.
- Provide back up for a shuttle run, or route deliveries if needed
- Experience performing routine vehicle maintenance
- Experience performing vehicle safety checks.
- Experience washing vehicles
- High school diploma required
- Two-year degree from technical school preferred
- Willing to work overtime as needed and assist on occasional road calls
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have safe driving record
- Must meet UniFirst Fleet Policy requirements
- Ability to read labels and gauges
- Use of both hands
- Tolerance of standing/walking up to approx. 8 hours
- Ability to lift
- Ability to withstand outside weather
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws