Location:Melrose Park, Illinois
This position is Kind of a Big Deal!
UniFirst is seeking a reliable and driven Production Team Partner to join our UniFirst Family. As a Production Lead, you will be tasked with training and leading employees on the plant floor to achieve consistent production standards that meet safety compliance and customer standards. Our Production schedule runs daytime hours Monday through Friday because in the UniFirst culture, we believe nights and weekends should be reserved for personal and family time.
What’s in it for you?
Our Team Partners get quality skills training designed to enhance their performance and assist them with their career potential and advancement.
Some companies like to promote from within, we love to! Many of our Plant Managers started at UniFirst working on the production floor!
Our family culture is what makes UniFirst an organization that stands out from the rest.
At UniFirst, you'll find an environment packed with different cultures, personalities, and backgrounds. We believe our diversity makes us who we are, and we strive every day to build a culture where everyone feels welcome.
What you’ll be doing:
- Coaching, motivating, training and encouraging production staff to insure standards and expectations are consistently met or surpassed
- Effectively collecting, maintaining, and verifying accuracy of weekly production standards
- Assisting Production Supervisor with setup of jobs by utilizing Production Schedule, printing picking sheets for jobs to be pulled, assigning lot numbers, printing labels, verifying materials and quantities and assigning jobs to appropriate personnel
- Assisting Production Supervisor with insuring all items are produced and released according to the Department standard operating procedure and insure that items and quantities are appropriately listed on the production entry sheet; including any substitutions as needed
- Maintaining a clean and safe working environment
- Keeping inventory of production supplies and notifying upper management of any items needed prior to being out of stock
*Tasks can be subject to change based on Supervisor’s direction
What we’re looking for:
- High school education and/or GED equivalent required.
- Ability to stand and walk for an 8-hour shift
- Ability to read, write, and clearly communicate with supervisor
- Ability to perform basic mathematical operations using American standard units of weight measurement, volume, and distance
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
Benefits & Perks
401K with Company Match, Profit Sharing, Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Direct Payroll Deposit, Tuition Reimbursement, 30% Employee Discount, Employee Referral Bonuses.
The fabric of UniFirst is woven from its very unique family culture where our Team Partners enjoy a small company feel while taking advantage of the resources and stability that come with being a 1.5-billion-dollar organization.
UniFirst is an international leader in the $18 billion-dollar garment services industry. We currently employ over 13,000 team partners who serve 300,000 business customer locations throughout the U.S., Canada, and Europe. We were included in the top 10 of Selling Power magazine’s “Best Companies to Sell For” list and recognized on Forbes magazine’s “Platinum 400 – Best Big Companies” list. As an 80-year old company focused on annual growth, there’s never been a better time to join our team.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws