Customer Service Representative: UniClean
Location:Maplewood, New Jersey
Where will a UniFirst Career take you?
As an industry leader in the rental, lease and sale of uniforms and facility services products, UniFirst Corporation has grown to become one of the largest companies in the garment services industry.
UniFirst is recognized on the Forbes “Platinum 400 - Best Big Companies” List. With over 14,000 employee Team Partners and more than 250 facilities throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Europe, you are never just a number when you work for UniFirst. What sets us apart from all other companies is that we still function as a family run business. When you work for UniFirst, you’re family!
UniFirst Corporation has a strong history of promoting from within. In fact, most of UniFirst's Senior Managers have come from within the Company. Opportunities are endless for those individuals who possess a strong work ethic, a commitment to quality, and above all else, a passion for delivering quality customer service, both internally and externally.
Our culture is what makes UniFirst an organization that stands out from the rest. Are you interested in loving your job? Find out just how far a career with UniFirst can take you.
The UniClean Division of UniFirst Corporation specializes in cleanroom garment services to hi-tech industries such as semiconductor, medical device, pharmaceutical, biomedical, optics, and a growing list of cutting-edge manufacturers. These industries require absolute cleanliness and consistency in their manufactured products and therefore require specialized uniforms and controlled cleaning processes.
Are you a “people person" who loves delivering outstanding customer service?
- UniClean is currently seeking a full-time CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE to:
- Assist the Plant Manager in the development and enhancement of customer relations, contract renewals, revenues, profits, merchandise, vehicle, and customer retention.
- Maintain adequate general communication with customers to maintain and enlarge business for services offered by UniClean.
- Assist the Plant Manager in developing and implementing incentive programs to increase revenues and profits.
- Assist the Plant Manager in ensuring that the quality programs promulgated by the quality system and quality policy are implemented at the location.Other responsibilities may be assigned as required.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable company, federal, and state safety and occupational regulations.
- Assist the Plant Manager in the operation of the facility and such other responsibilities as may be assigned.
- Assist the Plant Manager in ensuring that the quality programs promulgated by the quality system and quality policy are implemented at the location.
- Maintain Driver's Log in accordance with federal regulations.
- Perform Pre and Post trip vehicle inspections per UniClean and DOT requirements.
- Solicit sale of new items and services with current customers.
- Deliver cleaned items to customer's place of business; pick up soiled items for return to plant.
- Maintain adequate general communications with customers to maintain and enlarge business for services offered by UniClean.
The chosen individual must possess strong interpersonal skills and have a professional and pleasant telephone manner. The successful candidate is a strong team player and capable of working independently. He/she enjoys dealing with people and resolving problems. Experience on an AS400 system with PC exposure is a definite asset.
UniFirst offers a Fleet of Benefits, 50+ to be exact!
· 401K with Company Match
· Profit Sharing
· Health Insurance
· Employee Assistance Program
· Life Insurance
· Supplemental Life Insurance
· Long Term Disability
· Sick Time
· Paid Holidays
· Direct Payroll Deposit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· 30% Employee Discount
· Employee Referral Program
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability pass a driving eye test as administered by the DMV.