Skills & Traits
What makes a successful Outside Sales Representative at UniFirst? Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you have what it takes.
“In early 2012, I made the decision to join UniFirst as a Sales Representative, because of its industry-leading training, growth opportunities, and family culture. Since then, I have been promoted to Sales Manager, and most recently, to Regional Sales Manager. During my tenure here, all my expectations have been exceeded. Joining the UniFirst Family has been one of the single best decisions in my life.”
Byron M. UniFirst Regional Sales Manager
In the News
5-Star Trip for 2 for top performers
UniFirst is an international leader in the $18 billion dollar garment services industry. We currently employ 14,000 Team Partners who serve 300,000 business customer locations throughout the U.S., Canada, and Europe. We are rated in the top 10 “Best Companies to Sell For” list by Selling Power magazine and recognized on Forbes magazine’s “Platinum 400 – Best Big Companies” list. As an 80-year old company focused on annual growth, there’s never been a better time to join our outside sales team.
We’re currently seeking a motivated, self-driven individual as an Customer Development Representative to increase new account sales in a dedicated market territory. The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying new opportunities and following up on potential leads utilizing an award-winning sales process. If you have prior sales experience and a desire to expand your career, we want to hear from you.
UniFirst offers everything you need to excel as an Customer Development Representative:
- Competitive base salary
- Uncapped monthly commissions
- Monthly bonus
- Protected territory
- Industry leading sales training
- Car and cell phone allowances
- Cutting edge sales tools, including a data management device with CRM software
- Work-life balance (no nights or weekends)
- Full range of benefits including 401k and profit sharing; vision, dental, health, and life insurance; tuition reimbursement; and more
An outside sales position tasked to sell additional services & products into the existing UniFirst customer base in a specific geographic territory. By leveraging a warm relationship with these existing customers, the CDR will help UniFirst increase revenues and overall organic growth to help improve the company’s revenue, and increase profitability.
- To assist existing clients by identifying opportunities and greater value via leveraging their current spend with UniFirst through additional services and products that deliver solutions and overall savings.
- Each CDR receives a data base of UniFirst customers in their territory along with a lap top and our SFA- CRM software.
- Each CDR will be responsible to achieve 80 activities per week, including 8 Facility Needs Analysis Meetings, 3 Presentations and 1 Sale.
- The CDR will work with their respective location service teams and develop strategies to penetrate and further develop our share of wallet with each customer in their geographic territory
- The CDR can earn sales incentives based on products and services sold during each month.
- Outside Sales Experience or Route Sales Experience preferred
- Associate Degree or College Degree preferred
A Career With UniFirst Offers:
Sales Training: With the most in-depth training platform in the industry, our employees get top quality skills training designed to enhance their performance and assist them with their career potential and advancement.
Career Mobility: You may quickly find yourself on the fast-track to success. We’re a growing company offering significant avenues for personal development and growth, and providing for continued career progression. You set your personal goals and control your income, as well as your future growth. A UniFirst career can take you as far as you want to go.
Tools and Programs: UniFirst’s many cutting edge sales tools and innovative programs are designed with one purpose in mind – to help you succeed.
Fun Family Culture: UniFirst sales representatives enjoy what they do and have fun doing it. Our unique family-like culture is what makes UniFirst an organization that stands out from the rest.
Diversity: At UniFirst, you'll find an environment brimming with different cultures, personalities, and backgrounds because we know it takes many kinds of people to make us successful.
We offer a competitive base salary, monthly commission, monthly bonus, and an industry leading benefits package that includes: 401k and profit sharing, health and life insurance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), disability coverage, vacation, sick time, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, 30% employee discounts, and more.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws