Route Optimization Manager - UniFirst
Location:Indianapolis, Indiana; Dorchester, Massachusetts; Nashua, New Hampshire; San Antonio, Texas; Taylor, Michigan
The Route Optimization Manager will report to the Vice President of Corporate Service. This individual is responsible for developing, executing, and overseeing the strategic direction and operational results of UniFirst’s route transformation and other related service initiatives. The Route Optimization Manager evaluates the company’s route processes and performance goals, and reports on critical metrics to achieve continuous improvement. The Manager has experience managing enterprise-level route transformation projects and will drive and promote safety objectives, environmental and regulatory compliance, and ethics standards, which are critical components of UniFirst’s culture. This individual is a key member of the Corporate Service team, dedicated to optimizing UniFirst’s routes in the most efficient way possible to improve customer retention and achieve other business objectives. This individual thrives when receiving primary responsibility for high profile, complex, and detail-oriented projects with minimal direction and is comfortable presenting to Executive leadership and business stakeholders.
- Develop and oversee the execution of route optimization strategy, analysis, and implementation.
- Deploy solutions to achieve asset optimization, improved fuel economy, efficiency, route optimization, time reduction, and overall cost savings.
- Create, track and manage projects to achieve successful outcomes.
- Create standard, automated reports and scorecards for KPI tracking.
- Measure results and present meaningful information effectively.
- Employ strategic and critical thinking to develop route solutions.
- Work interdepartmentally to plan and implement service continuous improvement projects.
- Partner with HR, Production, IT, Location Managers, and other key areas on cross-departmental initiatives and planning projects.
- Influence and interact effectively with individuals at different levels within the organization.
- 5-7 years of relevant professional experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of managerial experience.
- Proven track record of leading major projects through to conclusion.
- Proficiency leading Lean Six Sigma or similar projects at the organizational level.
- Experience using RoadNet or similar route management system.
- Experience performing high-level analysis and understanding basics of quantitative and statistical analysis.
- Multilingual preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial acumen.
- Strategic thinking ability.
- Extensive financial analysis and spreadsheet modeling skills.
- Ability to draw conclusions and concisely summarize findings.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business administration, economics or related field required.
- Complete financial reports and analysis and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong statistical, mathematical, abstract, and concrete variables.
- Strong leadership competencies.
- Success in building and leading teams.
- Valid non-commercial driver’s license.
- Safe driving record.
- Ability to frequently travel.
Benefits & Perks:
401K with Company Match, Profit Sharing, Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Tuition Reimbursement, 30% Employee Discount, Employee Referral Bonuses.
UniFirst is an international leader in garment & Uniform services industry. We currently employ over 14,000 team partners who serve 300,000 business customer locations throughout the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
We were included in the top 10 of Selling Power magazine’s “Best Companies to Sell For” list and recognized on Forbes magazine’s “Platinum 400 – Best Big Companies” list. As an 80-year old company focused on annual growth, there’s never been a better time to join our team.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination law.
UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@unifirst.com or call (978) 658-8888 to let us know the nature of your request.
- Major Account Consultant - St. Louis, MO Kansas City, Missouri, United States, St Louis, Missouri, United States
- Major Account Consultant - UniFirst Baltimore, Maryland, United States, Landover, Maryland, United States
- Reliability Support Engineer- UniFirst South Carolina, United States, Tennessee, United States, Virginia, United States, North Carolina, United States, Alabama, United States