2nd Shift Production Supervisor
Where will a UniFirst Career take you?
As an industry leader in the rental, lease and sale of uniforms and facility services products, UniFirst Corporation has grown to become one of the largest companies in the garment services industry.
UniFirst is recognized on the Forbes “Platinum 400 - Best Big Companies” List. With over 14,000 employee Team Partners and more than 250 facilities throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Europe, you are never just a number when you work for UniFirst. What sets us apart from all other companies is that we still function as a family run business. When you work for UniFirst, you’re family!
UniFirst Corporation has a strong history of promoting from within. In fact, most of UniFirst's Senior Managers have come from within the Company. Opportunities are endless for those individuals who possess a strong work ethic, a commitment to quality, and above all else, a passion for delivering quality customer service, both internally and externally.
Our culture is what makes UniFirst an organization that stands out from the rest. Are you interested in loving your job? Find out just how far a career with UniFirst can take you.
UniFirst offers a Fleet of Benefits, 50+ to be exact!
- 401K with Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Health Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Direct Payroll Deposit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 30% Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Program
Under the direction of the Operations Support Manager (OSM), directs, plans, assigns, and monitors production department operations and activities. Determines priorities for designated department operations in conjunction with production schedules. Supervises and coordinates the activities of their assigned workforce, by performing the following duties personally or through other staff members. Assumes duties of other production supervisory roles when required. Some independent travel may be required.
Support all UniFirst Company Policies including goals as described in UniFirst Mission Statement, Guiding Principles, and Core Values. Job will require participation and compliance to all policies and procedures related to ISO (quality) and safety.
Functions of this position may require occasional internet access and regular use of UniFirst E-Mail. This will require annual review and acceptance of UniFirst’s; electronic Record Retention and Internet Policy; Understanding and compliance with the Company’s Statement of Corporate Policy and Code of Conduct (The Code of Conduct) as well as the Electronic Records Retention Policy and Electronic Records Usage Guidelines.
- Receives daily direction from the Operations Support Manager (OSM). May also receive instruction from Human Resource Manager when applicable.
- Communicates to, advises, and directs hourly production employees as needed, to assure compliance to existing company policies, safety regulations, and goals.
- Can recommend or apply disciplinary actions as required, following facility guidelines. Any disciplinary actions should include participation of HR Business Partners
- Studies production requirement reports and confers with OSM or other Supervisors.
- Monitors and adjusts staffing or workflow as needed, while conforming to assigned objectives, plans, schedules, and budgets.
- Reviews production incentive reports on a daily basis. Responsible for monitoring and justifying all Off-Standard time.
- Communicates directly with Maintenance staff as needed.
- Is expected to account for general supplies and raw materials used for production.
- Monitor expenditures and is free to recommend cost control measures where applicable.
- Can recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and design, such as systems or hardware enhancements where applicable.
- Can recommend creation or revision of existing work instructions and job descriptions.
- Is responsible and accountable for efficient use of raw materials and inventory of supplies within their respective areas.
- Continually monitors operations, including quality inspection of products produced, and basic machine operation and maintenance.
- Schedule periodic meetings with employees (if applicable) to include safety related issues or items. Periodic could mean weekly, monthly, bi-monthly quarterly, etc.
- Must be willing and able to take an active role in plant wide safety activities.
- May be required to fill-in for other Supervisory Staff within the facility, in their absence. This may require reassignment of shift on a temporary basis when applicable.
- Fully responsible and participates in the employee job interview process within and outside their assigned area.
- Directs or assists in the training and development of employees.
- Attend scheduled staff meetings, daily internal production meetings, Corporate or Owensboro sponsored events or meetings. Some independent travel may be required.
- Can investigate and respond to employee complaints and questions concerning operations. Can recommend and apply corrective actions where necessary in accordance with Owensboro and/or Corporate policies.
- Authority to ensure that hazards are corrected or necessary changes to the safety and health management system are addressed
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field from an accredited college or university; or three to five years of production management; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong skills in planning and scheduling.
- Leadership - Demonstrates the ability to bring individuals and groups together to accomplish common goals.
- Initiative - Able to manage assignments and meet deadlines with little or no supervision.
- Time Management - Demonstrates the ability to prioritize tasks and is able to manage multiple assignments.
- Quality - Is fully committed to the organization's quality policy as required to maintain ISO certification.
- Dependability and Responsibility - Accepts responsibility for all assigned tasks and those tasks assigned to staff members
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws