Are you searching for a long-term career position with a strong company offering a solid track record of success? If you have the qualities necessary to become a UniFirst team partner, and the technical skill-set to succeed, then this is an opportunity for you to join our growing company!
Summary - This role will ensure all asset reliability and maintenance operations are conducted per policies, Company approved practices, safety policies, and in conjunction with the Production Manager. It will ensure all facility and processing equipment are functioning per manufacturer’s design specifications and will identify areas to improve processes, procedures, maintenance practices, and on-going training for all maintenance staff. This position will improve the functionality and reliability of all production and facility equipment, including but not limited to: mechanical, electrical, steam, pneumatic, wastewater pretreatment, and hydraulic systems equipment and components.
- Diagnoses mechanical and electrical problems and determines corrective action by checking blueprints, schematics, repair manuals, and parts catalogs.
- Inspects, operates, and tests machinery and equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Performs basic welding activities including MIG, TIG, ARC, and brazing.
- Troubleshoots and repairs Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s) and associated control systems.
- Performs and assigns all preventive maintenance on facility and production assets; follows blueprints and schematics, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications using a documented schedule.
- Performs boiler chemical testing; record results in the log books; and makes necessary chemistry adjustments.
- Performs wastewater pretreatment system testing; record results in logbooks; and makes necessary chemistry adjustments.
- Manages and assigns all equipment maintenance, including repairs which cannot be completed during normal hours.
- Assumes responsibility for all shifts in the maintenance department.
- Oversees and maintains all maintenance related regulatory and environmental compliance requirements.
- Assumes responsibility for all aspects of safety within the maintenance department.
- Performs Confined Space procedures where appropriate.
- Performs Lockout/Tagout procedures where appropriate.
- Monitors training status of technicians and provides time for required training as needed.
- Utilizes a Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Along with the Production Manager, develops, manages, and maintains budget for building, equipment, capital expenditures, and parts & labor.
- Teaches, trains, and develops maintenance partners.
- High school diploma or GED required.Two-year technical degree in an appropriate background preferred.
- Equipment Maintenance Knowledge – Minimum of 3 years’ work experience repairing industrial processing equipment in a production environment required.Applicable military experience will be considered.Minimum of 2 years of experience supervising maintenance personnel is preferred.
- Equipment Knowledge such as wiring, electrical, electronic components, pipe systems and plumbing, and mechanical required.
- Maintenance Management experience including planning, scheduling, budgeting, negotiating, parts management, vendor management, maintenance management systems required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics required.
- Ability to read and understand maintenance literature printed in English required.
- Experience using Hand & Power tools required.
- Lockout/Tagout experience required.
- Ability to lift up to 80 pounds
UniFirst is one of North America’s largest workwear and textile service companies, providing managed uniform, protective clothing, and custom corporate image apparel programs to businesses in diverse industries. Our Core Values of Customer Focus, Respect for Others, and Commitment to Quality are what has made UniFirst successful since 1936.
Join the team that puts customers and your future first – UniFirst.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package of over 50 items with the following benefits highlighted:
• 401K with Company match
• Profit Sharing
• Health Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Supplemental Life Insurance
• Long Term Disability
• Employee Assistance Programs
• Sick Time
• Paid Holidays
• Direct Payroll Deposit
• Tuition Reimbursement
• 30% Employee Discount on UniFirst products
• Employee Referral Program
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws
UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@unifirst.com or call (978) 658-8888 to let us know the nature of your request.
- Major Account Consultant - St. Louis, MO Kansas City, Missouri, United States, St Louis, Missouri, United States
- Reliability Support Engineer- UniFirst South Carolina, United States, Tennessee, United States, Virginia, United States, North Carolina, United States, Alabama, United States
- National Account Executive Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, Texas, United States, Colorado, United States, California, United States, Arizona, United States