General Production - UniFirst Canada
Where will a UniFirst Career take you?
As an industry leader in the rental, lease and sale of uniforms and facility services products, UniFirst Corporation has grown to become one of the largest companies in the garment services industry.
UniFirst is recognized on the Forbes “Platinum 400 - Best Big Companies” List. With over 14,000 employee Team Partners and more than 250 facilities throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Europe, you are never just a number when you work for UniFirst. What sets us apart from all other companies is that we still function as a family run business. When you work for UniFirst, you’re family!
UniFirst Corporation has a strong history of promoting from within. In fact, most of UniFirst's Senior Managers have come from within the Company. Opportunities are endless for those individuals who possess a strong work ethic, a commitment to quality, and above all else, a passion for delivering quality customer service, both internally and externally.
Our culture is what makes UniFirst an organization that stands out from the rest. Are you interested in loving your job? Find out just how far a career with UniFirst can take you.
We are currently seeking a General Production Worker to perform various operations in the following areas. Responsibilities are subject to change based on supervisor’s discretion.
- Unload soiled product from trucks
- Separate product by type
- Counting of flatgood products
- Reductions – Modifications to the customers account (either adding or removing product)
- Garments are counted
- Operation of Pressing/Steaming equipment specific to the garment type and customer request
- Bundle/Package articles in accordance with requirements
- Picking flatgood products by route
- Garments are “sorted” by route, day, stop, and locker
- Final Storage
- Product is stored for shipment back to the customer
- Truck Loading – Clean product
UniFirst offers a Fleet of Benefits, 50+ to be exact!
· RRSP with Company Match
· Profit Sharing
· Health Insurance
· Employee Assistance Program
· Life Insurance
· Supplemental Life Insurance
· Long Term Disability
· Sick Time
· Paid Holidays
· Direct Payroll Deposit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· 30% Employee Discount
· Employee Referral Program
- The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and possess good organizational, communication and people skills.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Attention to details and focus on quality
UniFirst is Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer