Skills & Traits
What makes a successful Outside Sales Representative at UniFirst? Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you have what it takes.
“In early 2012, I made the decision to join UniFirst as a Sales Representative, because of its industry-leading training, growth opportunities, and family culture. Since then, I have been promoted to Sales Manager, and most recently, to Regional Sales Manager. During my tenure here, all my expectations have been exceeded. Joining the UniFirst Family has been one of the single best decisions in my life.”
Byron M. UniFirst Regional Sales Manager
In the News
5-Star Trip for 2 for top performers
Where will a UniFirst Career take you?
As an industry leader in the rental, lease and sale of uniforms and facility services products, UniFirst Corporation has grown to become one of the largest companies in the garment services industry.
UniFirst is recognized on the Forbes “Platinum 400 - Best Big Companies” List. With over 14,000 employee Team Partners and more than 250 facilities throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Europe, you are never just a number when you work for UniFirst. What sets us apart from all other companies is that we still function as a family run business. When you work for UniFirst, you’re family!
UniFirst Corporation has a strong history of promoting from within. In fact, most of UniFirst's Senior Managers have come from within the Company. Opportunities are endless for those individuals who possess a strong work ethic, a commitment to quality, and above all else, a passion for delivering quality customer service, both internally and externally.
Our culture is what makes UniFirst an organization that stands out from the rest. Are you interested in loving your job? Find out just how far a career with UniFirst can take you.
We are seeking a sales and service-minded, outgoing individual to become part of the UniFirst team as a National Account Executive.
The candidate will be primarily responsible for implementation and ongoing management of National Account Service programs, account relationship management, and contract renewals for UniFirst National Account customers. Effectively coordinate operational support and related duties consistent with customer contractual agreements. Primary responsibilities include program implementation, program compliance, program and service management, service concern identification and resolution, organic revenue growth, and contract renewals.
- Relationship Management with the primary key points-of-contact between UniFirst, its partner National Account Corporate contact(s), the individual National Account customer sites and the respective UniFirst service location to ensure customer expectations are met in accordance to the terms of the National Account Service Agreement.
- Proactively manage and coordinate all assigned National Account service and management activities and responsibilities throughout the UniFirst service network.
- Manage and meet service expectations to all National Account customer locations in accordance with the terms of the National Account Agreement, provide industry best service, build and maintain lasting and valuable business relationships at the C level, and meet/exceed customer expectations on an ongoing basis.
- Negotiate contract renewals, facilitate contracted price adjustments, and add new items to customer agreements where applicable.
- Prepare and deliver specified customer reports required to effectively execute and manage all assigned accounts and responsibilities.
- Engage in regular account visitation meetings.
UniFirst offers a Fleet of Benefits, 50+ to be exact!
· 401K with Company Match
· Profit Sharing
· Health Insurance
· Employee Assistance Program
· Life Insurance
· Supplemental Life Insurance
· Long Term Disability
· Sick Time
· Paid Holidays
· Direct Payroll Deposit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· 30% Employee Discount
· Employee Referral Program
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Service Management or Sales Management in a service industry.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in National Account Program Management or Key Account Sales Management.
- Experience in contract negotiations with large impact customers at the Executive or “C” decision making level.
- Must possess an autonomous, progressive “take-charge” attitude; able to work under pressure and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to multi task, understand, recognize, and prioritize work load.
- Willingness and ability to travel overnight approximately 20%.
- 4 year college degree.
- Solid computer skills in Microsoft Office, Outlook, and the Internet
- Service Industry experience preferred.
Benefits & Perks:
401K with Company Match, Profit Sharing, Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Tuition Reimbursement, 30% Employee Discount, Employee Referral Bonuses.
UniFirst is an international leader in garment & Uniform services industry. We currently employ over 14,000 team partners who serve 300,000 business customer locations throughout the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
We were included in the top 10 of Selling Power magazine’s “Best Companies to Sell For” list and recognized on Forbes magazine’s “Platinum 400 – Best Big Companies” list. As an 80-year old company focused on annual growth, there’s never been a better time to join our team.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws
UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@unifirst.com or call (978) 658-8888 to let us know the nature of your request.