Skills & Traits
What makes a successful Outside Sales Representative at UniFirst? Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you have what it takes.
“In early 2012, I made the decision to join UniFirst as a Sales Representative, because of its industry-leading training, growth opportunities, and family culture. Since then, I have been promoted to Sales Manager, and most recently, to Regional Sales Manager. During my tenure here, all my expectations have been exceeded. Joining the UniFirst Family has been one of the single best decisions in my life.”
Byron M. UniFirst Regional Sales Manager
In the News
5-Star Trip for 2 for top performers
Field Sales Manager
“One of the 10 Best Sales Organizations”
(Rated 6th Best Company to Sell For by Selling Power Magazine)
Clothing The Working World.
UniFirst ( as shown on the CBS show Undercover Boss ) is one of the largest and fastest growing companies in the multi-billion dollar garment services industry. Through superior customer service, pride, integrity and professionalism, we outfit an impressive range of clients such as Canadian Tire and Costco with image wear, career wear, professional clothing and traditional uniforms as well as facility service products.
In our eighth decade of operations, we currently employ more than 14,000 team partners who serve well over 250,000 customer locations in 45 states, Canada and Europe from 250 manufacturing, distribution and customer service facilities.
A Career with UniFirst Offers
With the most in-depth training platform in the industry, our employees get top quality skills training designed to enhance their performance and assist them with their career potential and advancement.
We’re a growing company offering significant avenues for personal development and growth. Some companies like to promote from within, we love to!
UniFirst’s many cutting edge sales tools and innovative programs are designed with one purpose in mind – to help you succeed.
Our unique family-like culture is what makes UniFirst an organization that stands out from the rest.
At UniFirst, you'll find an environment packed with different cultures, personalities, and backgrounds because we know it takes many kinds of people to make us successful.
Exceptional Career Opportunity
As a Sales Manager you’ll be on the front line of our goal to find and develop “Customers for Life " in your protected territory. Through a strong work ethic and enthusiastic attitude, you will be responsible for building, developing, and leading your team of professional Outside Sales Representatives.
This is an exciting, challenging, and rewarding position, responsible for building and leading a team of at least 4 sales professionals to meet and exceed new business sales targets. You and your team will be supported with world class training, compensation, incentives and benefits.
Experience in developing new business from a prospecting stage is definitely an asset, however priority will be given to the candidate proficient in creating a fun, dynamic environment for teaching, coaching, mentoring and leading your sales team towards success.
- Develop and implement annual Sales Plan and submit Quarterly goals with monthly updates on progress to General Manager and other designated recipients.
- Coach and manage salespeople in maintaining contact and gaining appointments with assigned accounts. Becomes personally responsible for Target Accounts at times there is no salesperson in a territory.
- Accompany Sales Representatives on sales calls to observe skills and techniques and assist in developing action plans for skill improvement.
- Conduct product knowledge and selling skills training at each weekly sales meeting.
- Conduct formal weekly evaluation of overall sales performance and effectiveness of each Sales Representative. If necessary, assists/guides the Sales Representative in developing plans and strategies to achieve sales goals.
- Achieve location’s new account sales quota.
- Maintain budgeted staffing levels.
- Perform other sales related tasks and assists other Sales Managers or other Location’s Department Managers.
- 3 or more years of successful business-to-business new account sales and with 2 additional years in sales management preferred.
- Valid non-commercial drivers license and safe driving record.
- General computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office including MS Word and Excel.
UniFirst offers a Fleet of Benefits, 50+ to be exact!
· RRSP with Company Match
· Profit Sharing
· Health Insurance
· Employee Assistance Program
· Life Insurance
· Supplemental Life Insurance
· Long Term Disability
· Sick Time
· Paid Holidays
· Direct Payroll Deposit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· 30% Employee Discount
· Employee Referral Program
UniFirst is Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@unifirst.com or call to let us know the nature of your request.
UniFirst Recruiters and/or representatives will not ask job seekers to provide personal financial information when submitting a job application. Please be vigilant as such requests for information may be fraudulent.