Maintenance Supervisor - UniFirst
Our Team is Kind of a Big Deal! UniFirst is seeking a reliable and hardworking Maintenance Supervisor to join our UniFirst Family! As the Maintenance Supervisor you will ensure all facility equipment is efficiently functioning and identify areas to improve processes, procedures, maintenance practices and on-going training for all maintenance staff. At UniFirst we have a standard Monday - Friday work week with periodic night and weekend overtime. We have an immediate opening and provide on the job training.
What’s in it for you?
Our Team Partners receive quality skills training designed to enhance their performance and assist them with their career potential and advancement.
You may quickly find yourself on the fast-track to success. We are a rapidly growing company offering significant avenues for personal development and growth.
Our family culture is what makes UniFirst an organization that stands out from the rest.
At UniFirst, you'll find an environment packed with different cultures, personalities, and backgrounds because we believe it takes many kinds of people to make us successful.
What you’ll be doing:
- Diagnose mechanical and electrical problems and determine corrective action by checking blueprints, schematics, repair manuals and parts catalogs.
- Inspect, operate, and test machinery and equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Performing basic welding activities to effect repairs on facilities and equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s) and associated control systems.
- Perform and assign all preventive maintenance on facility and production assets.
- Follow blueprints, schematics, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications using a documented schedule.
- Perform boiler chemical and wastewater pre-treatment system testing, record results in logbooks / computer systems and make necessary chemical adjustments as required.
- Manage and assign all equipment maintenance, including repairs which cannot be completed during standard hours.
- Assume responsibility for all shifts in the maintenance department.
- Oversee and implement all maintenance related regulatory and environmental compliance requirements.
- Assume responsibility for all aspects of safety within the maintenance department.
- Perform Confined Space and Lockout / Tagout procedures where appropriate.
- Monitor training status of technicians and provide time for required training as needed.
- Utilize a Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Partner with the Production Manager to develop, manage and maintain budget for building, equipment, capital expenditures and parts/labor.
- Train and develop maintenance partners.
- Perform other duties as assigned by leadership.
What we’re looking for:
- High school and/or GED is preferred.
- Two-year technical degree in an appropriate background is preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Valid driver’s license and a safe driving record are required.
- Must pass UniFirst’s maintenance knowledge assessment to be eligible for employment.
- Knowledgeable in maintenance equipment. This includes wiring, electrical, mechanical, electronic components, pipe systems and plumbing required.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience repairing industrial processing equipment in a production environment required. Applicable military experience will be considered.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience supervising maintenance personnel is preferred.
- Maintenance administration experience including planning, scheduling, budgeting, negotiating, parts management, vendor management, maintenance management systems is required.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics is required.
- Ability to read and understand maintenance literature printed in English required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office skills is required.
- Experience in Hand & Power tools is required.
- Lockout / Tagout experience is required
- Ability to work overtime as needed is required.
- Ability to lift up to 80 lbs.
The fabric of UniFirst is woven from its very unique family culture where our Team Partners enjoy a small company feel while taking advantage of the resources and stability that come with being a 1.5-billion-dollar organization.
UniFirst is an international leader in the $18 billion-dollar garment services industry. We currently employ over 13,000 team partners who serve 300,000 business customer locations throughout the U.S., Canada, and Europe. We were included in the top 10 of Selling Power magazine’s “Best Companies to Sell For” list and recognized on Forbes magazine’s “Platinum 400 – Best Big Companies” list. As an 80-year old company focused on annual growth, there’s never been a better time to join our team.
There’s a lot to love about UniFirst, where you come first.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws
UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@unifirst.com or call (978) 658-8888 to let us know the nature of your request.