Skills & Traits
What makes a successful Outside Sales Representative at UniFirst? Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you have what it takes.
“In early 2012, I made the decision to join UniFirst as a Sales Representative, because of its industry-leading training, growth opportunities, and family culture. Since then, I have been promoted to Sales Manager, and most recently, to Regional Sales Manager. During my tenure here, all my expectations have been exceeded. Joining the UniFirst Family has been one of the single best decisions in my life.”
Byron M. UniFirst Regional Sales Manager
In the News
5-Star Trip for 2 for top performers
As a Sales Manager you’ll be on the front line of our goal to find and develop “Customers for Life " in your protected territory. Through a strong work ethic and enthusiastic attitude, you will be responsible for building, developing, and leading your team of professional Outside Sales Representatives.
A Career with UniFirst Offers:
Training: With the most in-depth training platform in the industry, our employees get top quality skills training designed to enhance their performance and assist them with their career potential and advancement.
Career Mobility: We’re a growing company offering significant avenues for personal development and growth. Some companies like to promote from within, we love to!
Technology: UniFirst’s many cutting edge sales tools and innovative programs are designed with one purpose in mind – to help you succeed.
Family Culture: Our unique family-like culture is what makes UniFirst an organization that stands out from the rest.
Diversity: At UniFirst, you'll find an environment packed with different cultures, personalities, and backgrounds because we know it takes many kinds of people to make us successful.
Responsibilities of the Sales Manager
- Develop and implement annual Sales Plan and submit Quarterly goals with monthly updates on progress to General Manager and other designated recipients.
- Coach and manage salespeople in maintaining contact and gaining appointments with assigned accounts. Becomes personally responsible for Target Accounts at times there is no salesperson in a territory.
- Accompany Sales Representatives on sales calls to observe skills and techniques and assist in developing action plans for skill improvement.
- Conduct product knowledge and selling skills training at each weekly sales meeting.
- Conduct formal weekly evaluation of overall sales performance and effectiveness of each Sales Representative. If necessary, assists/guides the Sales Representative in developing plans and strategies to achieve sales goals.
- Achieve location’s new account sales quota.
- Maintain budgeted staffing levels
- Perform other sales related tasks and assists other Sales Managers or other Location’s Department Managers
UniFirst offers the Benefits you need to excel as a Sales Manager:
- Vehicle Mileage and cell phone reimbursement
- Cutting edge sales tools, including a data management device with CRM software
- Full range of benefits including 401k and profit sharing, health and life insurance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), disability coverage, vacation, sick time, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, 30% employee discounts, and more
- 4 year college degree preferred.
- 3 or more years of successful business-to-business new account sales and with 2 additional years in sales management preferred.
- Valid non-commercial drivers license and safe driving record
- General computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office including MS Word and Excel.
UniFirst is an international leader in the $18 billion dollar garment services industry. We currently employ 14,000 team partners who serve 300,000 business customer locations throughout the U.S., Canada, and Europe. We were included in the top 10 of Selling Power magazine’s “Best Companies to Sell For” list and recognized on Forbes magazine’s “Platinum 400 – Best Big Companies” list. As an 80-year old company focused on annual growth, there’s never been a better time to join our outside sales team.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws
UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@unifirst.com or call (978) 658-8888 to let us know the nature of your request.