Maintenance Utility Person
Are you searching for a long-term position with a strong company offering a solid track record of success? If you have the qualities necessary to become a UniFirst team partner, and the skill-set to succeed, then this is an opportunity for you to join our growing Fortune 500 Company!
Summary - This role will assist with maintaining location building and equipment systems by performing assigned tasks such as, but not limited to; plant production utility functions, basic maintenance functions, loading and unloading shipments and deliveries, painting, powered industrial truck / lift operation, plant cleaning / blowdowns, and operating Company vehicles.
- Uses common tools to perform plant cleaning operations, including but not limited to: floor scrubbers, lint and dust removal devices, outside rubbish removal, equipment cleaning, and pit / trench screen cleaning.
- Performs miscellaneous painting tasks within the plant or outside painting on the facilities and grounds.
- Operates powered industrial forklifts / lifts throughout the facilities to assist in relocating materials.
- Assists in loading and unloading trucks making deliveries or pickups.
- Assists with production receiving activities.
- May perform various levels of facilities upkeep including landscaping, snow removal, and other refuse removal.
- After appropriate training; performs light equipment maintenance tasks such as filter cleaning and replacement, trench screen cleaning, lint and dust blowdown of facilities and equipment, fluid level checks, light bulb replacement, ceiling tile replacement, cart cleaning and repair, and pressure washing.
- Upon proper training and certification, may be called upon to operate Company vehicles such as shuttle trucks or route trucks.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Must be able to operate powered industrial equipment (forklifts, floor scrubbers, scissor lifts) and other similar tools as required.
- Experience using basic hand and power tools required.
- Ability to lift up to 80 pounds
- Ability to read, comprehend and interpret procedures and instructions.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from co-workers and managers.
UniFirst is one of North America’s largest workwear and textile service companies, providing managed uniform, protective clothing, and custom corporate image apparel programs to businesses in diverse industries. Our Core Values of Customer Focus, Respect for Others, and Commitment to Quality are what has made UniFirst successful since 1936.
Join the team that puts customers and your future first – UniFirst.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package of over 50 items with the following benefits highlighted:
• 401K with Company match
• Profit Sharing
• Health Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Supplemental Life Insurance
• Long Term Disability
• Employee Assistance Programs
• Sick Time
• Paid Holidays
• Direct Payroll Deposit
• Tuition Reimbursement
• 30% Employee Discount on UniFirst products
• Employee Referral Program
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws
UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@unifirst.com or call (978) 658-8888 to let us know the nature of your request.